Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When your home or property has some kind of water leak or intrusion, mold can become a problem within 48 hours. There are many types of mold, most of which are harmless in small amounts but if your problem is severe the best course of action is to call SERVPRO for assistance in identifying the scope and severity of the damage and to help identify the source. The mold itself is rarely harmful to humans but can overtime cause serious health issues and distress, this is why it is always best to notify us as soon as possible when you notice mold.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (323) 545-6115
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Hancock Park / Hollywood for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Hancock Park / Hollywood has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Whitley Heights
- Melrose Hill
- Hancock Park
- Windsor Square
- Lafayette Square