Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
During a water damage loss, there are many things one must beware of, firstly it's your own personal safety. Here are some tips on how to stay safe during a water damage loss. Firstly the most concerning scenarios are electrical and "slip and fall" hazards which are common when dealing with severe water damage. secondly, make sure that if your property is severely damaged by water that it is safe to inhabit or stay inside the property. And lastly when handling water damaged materials within a property ensure you practice caution because wet materials can be extremely heavier than normal.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (323) 545-6115
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.