Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
When considering a restoration company for your home or property you may not know what to choose and why to make that choice. Here at SERVPRO we make your choice simple, we have everything we need to provide our customers and clients to choose us every time. A great example of this is our hardware and equipment. SERVPRO has the widest range of up to date restoration equipment of any restoration company. Our equipment is also constantly updated ensuring we are always using the best tools for the job. Aside from our equipment, we have the best tract record of any restoration company with many decades of proven and quality work with many franchises in every US state. We are happy to uphold the standard of service that our clients have always been happy with, and hope to even improve!
Clean Homes Sell Faster
If you are a home owner, there may come a point when you wish to sell your property, and this may be affected if your home is experiencing a loss of any sort. The services SERVPRO offers can increase the market value of your home by clearing up any kind of loss including everything from odor removal and smoke/soot stains to water and mold damage. Even improving operating efficiency if systems need updating, also moderate procedures such as HVAC and duct cleaning to keep your home in top shape and value. Trust us with your remediation and restoration needs, we are always happy to uphold our amazing standard of service to our clients whether it be water, fire, storms or mold, SERVPRO will be there.
Holiday Home Safety
Decorating your home or business for the holiday season can be a fun activity. But watch out for any fire hazards that can quickly lead to a holiday mishap. Carefully inspect holiday light strings each year and get rid of any with worn cords, loose connections, and/or cracked lamp holders. When switching bulbs out, unplug the light string and be sure to match wattage and voltage to the original bulb. Always make sure to turn off all holiday lights when you are away from your home/business and/or when you are going to bed. Lastly, try to purchase a freshly cut tree, as they are less likely to catch on fire. Keep your Christmas tree away from candles and with enough water. Happy Holidays from all of us at SERVPRO of Hancock Park!
SERVPRO Is #1
SERVPRO is the #1 largest restoration company in the U.S. and one of the largest in the world. SERVPRO has managed to grow this big due to our impeccable reliability. The people you deal with at SERVPRO aren’t just trained employees, we’re experts due to the countless hours spent training and working on the job. Regardless of the time of day we answer the call and get you to the project manger that can deal with all your needs. Our quality of service shows just how much we care for our clients. Our goal here at SERVPRO is too ensure your home or businesses safety by providing the absolute best service possible. Don’t risk added damage due to careless, money hungry restoration services. Call SERVPRO.
Protecting your Home
Murphy’s Law when traveling: “Anything that can go wrong will go wrong, while you’re traveling away from home”. Having to return from a memorable trip to learn that something has seriously gone wrong at home can be distressing. But following is a list of essential tips that will allow you to be stress free while you sit back and enjoy your getaway!
- Keep curtains open!
You may think that leaving the curtains closed may prevent others from peeking inside your home. However, it is recommended that you leave some of your curtains opened (make sure to keep expensive items out of sight). If your curtains are unusually closed for a long period of time it could become obvious that no one is home.
- Keep lights on or off?
Leaving the lights on in your home while you’re away may end up costing you more than your mortgage! It is recommended that you purchase an automatic light switch timer so that your lights will switch on and off at certain times during the day/night making it appear as though someone is actually home.
- Pull the plug!
It is recommended that you unplug all appliances including, your TV, toaster oven, etc. while you’re away. This may help prevent a power surge which can cause a fire hazard.
This applies to those that reside in very cold regions. Pipes may be in danger of freezing so it is recommended that you have someone check in on your faucets while you’re away. If very little to no water comes out when turning the faucets on this is an indication that the pipes may be frozen! Take the time to make sure your pipes are properly insulated to avoid this from happening. Finally, show your key-holder (friend/neighbor) the location of the water main shut-off in case a pipe breaks.
These preventative measures only take a few minutes to complete and can help you keep your home safe from broken pipes(flood hazard), home invasions(property loss/damage), power surges(fire hazard), and more in your absence. In the event that you suffer a loss such as these, please do not hesitate to contact SERVPRO for all of your restoration needs!
7 Reasons to Choose SERVPRO
1) 24-Hour Emergency Response: Timely mitigation is key to controlling damage, downtime and recovery costs. You and those who depend on your facility will appreciate the rapid response, and the training of SERVPRO professionals will help limit damage and get your facility back in operation quickly.
2) Communication: You will know what's happening every step of the way. From the first telephone call within the first hour following damage notification, until the job is complete, SERVPRO professionals are dedicated to effectively communicating with property owners and managers. You will be aware of job status and progress through reports that are accessible to you via a secure email link 24 hours a day.
3) Reduce Recovery Time: Your local SERVPRO professionals understand the urgency in responding to your facility following a disaster. By arriving quickly, mitigating damage to the structure and contents, and providing effective cleanup and restoration services, SERVPRO professionals will help you reopen the doors as soon as possible.
4) Lower Recovery Costs Through:
· Emergency mitigation services that help minimize secondary damages.
· Proper restoration versus replacement of contents which is less expensive.
· Faster recovery which lessens loss.
· Pre-approved pricing and procedures.
· Comprehensive cleanup and restoration services which help prevent future problems and potential liability risks.
5) Emergency Response Profile: Your local SERVPRO professionals can provide you assistance in developing an Emergency Response Profile, which is an integral part of a well-thought-out contingency plan, that will contain information you need in the event an emergency situation occurs.
6) Full Line of Services: Utilizing the right equipment and supplies, SERVPRO professionals can handle all of your cleanup needs. In addition to SERVPRO’s superior fire, water, and mold restoration services, SERVPRO provides cleanup services for those special needs that surpass the capabilities of your regular maintenance staff.
7) A National Leader in Storm Response: In the event of a major catastrophe, the SERVPRO franchise system has a nationwide large loss response team comprised of trained and equipped professionals capable of responding to your facility. While most systems have a waiting list, you get priority service with SERVPRO.
Dangers of the Job
Some Jobs are quite dangerous due to their nature or the nature of their remediation. For example, a mold remediation job most of the time requires that the affected areas are sprayed with bleach and other chemicals harmful or hazardous to human health. When this process is done on a large scale we have to ensure the safety of our technicians so we ensure they wear the proper protective materials such as light or heavy hazmat suits and air filtration masks that seal the body off from harmful chemicals. These measures are also taken in bio-hazard jobs where there might be contaminated bodily fluids or raw sewage that pose serious health risks if consumed in any way. If you have any questions in general or about our safety procedures don’t hesitate to give us a call at the number listed above.
A Friendly Reminder
With so many different restoration companies out there, why should you choose SERVPRO? Here’s why, SERVPRO is not only the #1 largest restoration company in the US but we are also one of the oldest. We have an impeccable service history in the past decades and we are the brand that insurance companies and clients alike trust with their restoration and remediation issues and our only goal is to provide the very best service every single day, because our clients depend on us to get their properties back to undamaged conditions as fast as we can. This is just a friendly reminder of the reasons why you should choose SERVPRO! And don’t be hesitant to call us in case of any questions or emergency at the number on our website.
When You Call
When you have a loss and you call SERVPRO, here’s what to expect. On your initial call our office will take down your information. This information includes your contact information, your location/address, the type of residence, your insurance, and most importantly the type of loss (water/fire/mold/etc…) and what caused it. We then pass the provided information to our project managers who give you a call within 30 mins. to an hour so we can immediately assess the situation and schedule an inspection so a scope of work and estimate can be given. This process ensures we can service your loss as fast as possible and make sure your life is back to normal in no time. SERVPRO is always here for you!
At SERVPRO, we’re people’s people, as a company that is in the business of making sure that people's homes and businesses get back to normal after a disaster we understand how stressful an event such as a fire or flood can be, disrupting your personal and professional lives. For this reason we are open 24/7, 365 days a year to ensure that you can rest easy knowing you can always call us in case of a restoration emergency. Now that we are in a new year, our resolution is to help even more people, homes, and businesses than ever before. You can even help us accomplish this goal and protect yourself at the same time by utilizing our emergency readiness plan, with this we can help you prepare for any likely disasters in your area and be ready for anything that can come your way. Be sure to stay safe, and happy new year!
Were the Largest and the Most Reliable
We're proud to have and uphold such an amazing heritage!
SERVPRO is already known as one of the largest restoration companies in the world but not many know that SERVPRO was founded in 1967 and has grown today to over 1,700 franchises all over the US. Here at SERVPRO of Hancock Park and Hollywood we strive not only to uphold the amazing pedigree that our company has built over many decades but also improve upon it. Our quality of service shows that we care about how we serve our clients because when it comes to their homes or properties, we can't afford to let their life or business be disrupted for any longer than necessary. Whatever the disaster or job may be, however big it is, or whatever time of the day it may strike, SERVPRO will always be ready to jump into action to resolve the issue.
How We Help Post Construction
Ensure your building is clean and ready after construction!
After a remediation and reconstruction job is finished, SERVPRO doesn't just leave you hanging. We strive to help our clients until the very end to ensure a satisfactory service experience. Here are a few ways we help you after your remediation and construction are done;
- Post Construction Cleaning - After floors and drywall is up, we clean all newly constructed areas to properly prepare for interior design and painting.
- Dehumidification and Drying - Construction can possibly trap moisture in the building, to ensure this doesn't cause future issues we dehumidify and dry the areas with drying equipment.
- Final Cleaning - A service we provide to clients to make sure they are ready to open the doors with and extra shine, this includes carpet, floor, wall, fixture, and duct cleaning.
We're Not Just Trained, We're Experts
We're not just trained, we have the expertise!
It's true our SERVPRO technicians are trained for every service we preform whether it be water or fire, mold or floods. The thing that differentiates us from other restoration companies is how we apply our training which really makes us experts. Our technicians know how to handle their jobs as well as their clients with the utmost care. This comes from the experience they have gained from thousands of hours of training and jobs combined with our exemplary standard of service. We pride ourselves on our knowledge and experience which is why we are the largest restoration company in the world! If you have any disaster or issue that needs immediate and professional expertise, without a doubt SERVPRO is who you need to call.